- PublicationThe Impact of Organizational Culture towards Lean Practice Implementation for Improving Organizational Performance of Private Hospitals in Mandalay, Myanmar(University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), 2019)Background: Lean management practice becomes a critical role for organizational success and healthcare sectors are applying the lean practice to promote healthcare quality and patient satisfaction by improving organizational performance. The rate of organizational performance is also depending on the firm culture that means how stakeholders accept and think about the organization. Nearly every healthcare sectors in other countries apply the lean practice to improve healthcare process, however, there is a little evidence that shows how lean implementation improve performance and how the organizational culture impact on lean practice to increase organizational performance. This study analyzes the impact of organizational culture on lean implementation practice for improving organizational performance in Private hospitals, in Myanmar. Purpose: To examine the impact of organizational culture on lean implementation practice in private hospitals to increase organizational performance. Method: Quantitative study was carried out to investigate how the organizational cultureimpact on the lean practice for improving organizational performance. A self-administered questionnaire was used to collect primary data. Participants are all employees (doctors, nurse, supervisors, managing directors, and clinical staffs) in 15 targeted private hospitals and who have at least a bachelor level of education and aged not less than 18 years and not more than 60 years at the time of research. Results: A total of 333 participants completed the questionnaire. In this study, according to multiple linear regression analysis, there was a positive impact of lean implementation practice on organizational performance, r = 0.785, n = 333, p < 0.05. The result also showed that positive effect of organizational culture on organizational performance, r = 0.797, n =333, p < 0.05. Organizational culture of the hospital also had positive impact on the lean practice implementation were positively correlated, r = 0.656, n = 333, p < 0.05. Pearson correlation also approved that there were positive significant associations between lean practice implementation, organizational culture and organizational performance (r = 0.625, 0.704, and 0.681) respectively at p-value < 0.05.
- PublicationDoes Investor Sentiment affect Stock Return : Evidence from Chinese Industry Index in Shanghai A Share Market(University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), 2019)In stock market, some of characteristics of asset pricing behavior of traditional financial theory didn’t work, behavioral finance otherwise provides a new method and aspect to interpret these visions. Investor behavior which is influenced by investor sentiment plays an important role in stock market, irrational behavior may lead to market inefficiency, and stock return is a reflection of the market condition, hence studying the effects of investor sentiment on stock return is meaningful. This paper mainly studied investor sentiment whether and how affects stock return, as well as applied other six control variables a share market stock return, Dow Jones industrials index return, interest rate, exchange rate, crude oil price and gold price which could affect stock return in previous studies. To detect the effects this paper first investigate bullish investor sentiment and then applied multiple regression linear model to find investor sentiment positive significantly affects stock return in nine industries. This study provided a new perspective to explore the characteristics between investor sentiment and stock return, also presented new ideas for investors’ investment practices in stock market.
- PublicationThe Factors Affecting Perceived Value and Customer Satisfaction : Online to Offline (O2O) Food Delivery Service in China(University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), 2020)Service quality and service recovery are two crucial factors in perceived value and customer satisfaction. The purpose of the study was to investigate the effect of service quality, service recovery and perceived value on customer satisfaction of online to offline O2O food delivery service industry in China. And quantitative research will be used in this paper 408 questionnaires from the customers who used the O2O food de livery service platform were collected online in the final questionnaire research The O2O food delivery service as a new economic model to be an essential part of modern society Investigating customer satisfaction can allow the food service delivery companies to measure their strengths as well as to understand the customer and consumer needs, and help companies develop strategic plans at the same time There are five chapters in this paper to explore the factors affect the perceived value and customer satisfaction, including service quality (4 factors including efficiency, system availability, fulfillment, privacy), and service recovery 3 factors including responsiveness, compensation, contact). And try to explain to the reader the effect of the characteristics of the customers’ perceived value and customer satisfaction in the O2O food delivery service platform.
- PublicationAnalysis the Performance of Outbound Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions : Evidence from Chinese Companies Listed on the Stock ExchangeSince 2008, the financial crisis has provided a good opportunity for Chinese companies to outbound cross-border M&A. Many Chinese listed companies have continuously joined the wave of cross-border M&A. Outbound cross-border M&A account for an increase in the proportion of Chinese companies’ foreign investment, in order to obtain the technology, resources or market development of target enterprises, many Chinese companies have chosen cross-border M&A; making cross-border M&A become a hot topic in the government and business circles in recent years. This paper takes the listed companies that participated in and completed cross-border mergers and acquisitions from 2008 to 2015 as a sample, using accounting research method, using factor analysis to construct a comprehensive score model for enterprise performance evaluation, from four aspects: corporate profitability, operating capability, solvency and development capability, select the earnings per share, return on total assets, rate of return on common stockholders’ equity, total assets turnover, receivables turnover ratio, inventory turnover ratio, current ratio, acid-test ratio, debt asset ratio, operating profit growth, net profit growth rate and total asset growth rate; analyze the changes in the comprehensive performance of listed companies before and after the merger, and then compare the overall sample by group. The results show that, the comprehensive performance of the year of merger and acquisition and the comprehensive performance of the two years after the merger have been improved. As a whole, outbound cross-border M&As have not significantly improved the comprehensive performance of Chinese companies; from a group perspective, the comprehensive performance of private companies after outbound cross-border mergers has improved compared to state-owned enterprises; outbound cross-border M&A manufacturing, the comprehensive performance improvement effect of enterprises is not obvious, non-manufacturing M&A performance has not improved; the performance of horizontal M&A enterprises after outbound cross-border M&A has been improved, while the performance of vertical M&A enterprises and mixed M&A enterprises after outbound cross border M&A has not improved. Finally, based on the research results, relevant recommendations were made to both the enterprise and the government.
- PublicationThe Adoption Behavior of Chinese Mobile Financial Application(University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), 2020)China has been an outstanding economic power in the world. With the high development of technology, more and more Chinese needs the money management service, who pays more attention on the mobile financial applications (APPs). The objective of the study was to investigate the adoption behavior of Chinese mobile financial applications. In this research, researcher distributed 400 questionnaires online to collect the information and evaluation from users. Section 1 with respondents’ information was analyzed by descriptive statistical analysis. Section 2 and 3 with evaluation of using APP by Five-point Likert scale, which is analyzed by descriptive statistical analysis and multiple regression analysis. Through the results of the research, performance expectancy, effort expectancy, social influence, self-efficiency, facilitating conditions have positive affections of adoption behavior of Chinese mobile financial APP. If mobile financial APP agent or developer would like to modify their APP for getting more adoption from Chinese, it would be more useful to enhance the selfefficiency perception design. Therefore, this research could be reference for Chinese mobile financial agent and developer in the app improvement. What’s more, this study also can be useful information for government policy-making. The last but not the least, the data and analysis result could be the reference for academic and researcher who are interested in relative researches.