Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://scholar.utcc.ac.th/handle/6626976254/386
Title: Attitudes and Behavior of Bangkok Residents regarding Reducing the Use of Plastic Bags
Authors: Lealaphan, Acharapan 
Launglaor, Wisanu 
Issue Date: 2014
Publisher: Chulalongkorn University Printing House
University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce
Source: Acharapan Lealaphan, Wisanu Launglaor (2014) Attitudes and Behavior of Bangkok Residents regarding Reducing the Use of Plastic Bags. University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce Journal Vol.34 No.1.
Journal: University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce Journal 
Abstract: Plastic bags are artifacts formed to meet the needs of consumers. Consumers find them convenient for their daily life, especially when shopping. Using plastic bags means increasing the bulk of plastic waste in the world. Many countries around the world are aware of the problem of plastic waste and seriously try to find measures to reduce their use. Thailand uses 20 million tons of plastic bags per year, but there is no law regulating the use of plastic bags seriously as in many countries. There are only limited efforts by some government agencies stressing an awareness and recognition of the problem. However, those plastic waste campaigns do not seem practical. For this reason, the researchers are interested in studying people's attitudes and behaviors regarding reducing the use of plastic bags as well as reference groups who influence the decisions and the self-control of the use of plastic bags. The results showed that people are aware of the projects reducing the use of plastic bags from newspapers, the internet and television. It was found that 55.00 percent of people who are aware of the projects thought that they were successful. The remaining 45.00 percent thought that the projects were not successful because of common habits, such as getting used to the use of plastic bags, the lack of conscience, and the thought of plastic bags as a necessity and convenience. Campaigns to seriously reduce the use of plastic bags are not continuous. Vendors still use plastic bag packaging, and there is a lack of support from the government.
URI: https://scholar.utcc.ac.th/handle/6626976254/386
ISSN: 0125-2437
Rights: This work is protected by copyright. Reproduction or distribution of the work in any format is prohibited without written permission of the copyright owner.
Appears in Collections:JEO: Journal Articles

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
1252fulltext.pdf219.8 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show full item record Recommend this item

Page view(s) 10

10
checked on Jul 11, 2019

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.